Today, I took the time to scour through some data to isolate the most active London venture capital firms that are investing in the greatest number London startups (this analysis is not based on dollar amounts) across all stages of the venture cycle. As you seek out your next round, hopefully, this will serve as a handy resource to know where the dollars are pouring in from in the London tech ecosystem. Included for each firm is the number of investments made in London startups in 2020 and the names of the London startups that the venture firms invested in during the year.
While examining the data, it is important to keep the following in mind as these factors do have an impact on the data:
- The data is current as of 1/26/21.
- Only London venture capital firms were considered for this analysis. This does not include data from London accelerator programs.
- Only venture firms with their headquarters in London were considered.
- The number of investments reflects total firm investments in companies that are based, founded, and headquartered in London.
- Investments from investment banks and other non-venture firms were not included.
- Our data set is not 100% complete, some rounds are not disclosed nor have regulatory filing and therefore are not included in this analysis.