The 1% rule of internet culture dictates that 1% of users of a site add content while the other 99% consume that content. Also, as much of the world shifted to digital during, content consumption on digital platforms increased exponentially as readers looked for sources of information, research, productivity, and entertainment. These trends have led to a meteoric rise in video and visual content (Youtube, Instagram, TikTok, etc.) Excerp is a digital media platform focused on online written content. The yet-to-launch platform, founded by three Goldman alums, seeks to provide content creators with the infrastructure and technology tools to create, curate, and distribute their content to mass audiences. While details on the product are sparse, it appears to be a blend of WordPress, Medium, and Substack with embedded marketing, distribution, and content creation tools. London TechWatch caught up with Excerp Cofounder Majid Sebti to learn more about the company’s founding, future strategic plans, and recent round of funding led by Edward Eisler.
Content and Publishing
Last year, 92% of marketers said that video is an integral part of their marketing strategy. The average person will spend 100 minutes every day in 2021 watching online videos according to a recent study. As organizations are investing in videos, startups are building platforms to support the process. Synthesia is an AI-powered video generation platform that saves enterprises up to 100x the cost and time of producing a video. The company leverages deep learning to simulate real videos and real actors without the need for costly infrastructure like camera crews, actors, cameras, studios, and a lengthy post-production process. Clients are able to produce professional-quality videos in minutes with a single API call and a few clicks. The company is working on codifying the entire video generation process, where videos will be generated through code, offering unprecedented scalability and efficiency. London TechWatch caught up with Cofounder and CEO Victor Riparbelli to learn more about the future of video production, the company’s strategic plans, latest round of funding from investors that include FirstMark, Christian Bach, Michael Buckley, LDV Capital, MMC Ventures, Seedcamp, Mark Cuban, Taavet Hinrikus, Martin Varsavsky, and TinyVC.
London-based ELEVEN SPORTS, the international sports content provider, has agreed to acquire New York-based Team Whistle, the global sports media and entertainment company. The terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Headless CMS has become increasingly popular due to its inherent flexibility to display content on any type of device without maintaining individual applications for each. Content is stored in a repository and using an API, the content is presented to the front-end unlike other CMS systems, like WordPress, where the back-end and front-end are coupled, which results in complexities repurposing content for several different channels and mediums. However, headless platforms have not traditionally been user-friendly for those who are not technical as headless typically doesn’t allow one to easily visualize the impact of changes on the back-end. Storyblok solves this problem with headless CMS platform that is integrated with a native visual editing experience, making the solution ideal for both developers and marketers. The company currently powers over 60,000 projects including working with brands like Pizza Hut and Adidas. London TechWatch caught up with Cofounder and CEO Dominik Angerer and the company’s latest funding round from investors that include Mubadala Capital, firstminute capital, and 3VC.
A look at how businesses can transform their TVs from background noise to short-form entertainment that could increase revenue in a Post-COVID-19 world.
Textbooks are becoming obsolete and BibliU is one of the reasons why. The London startup, cofounded by CEO David Sherwood also makes content more accessible for college students; saving them 50-75%, while unlocking new technology-driven ways to learn.
The more content you put out for more audience demographics and segments, the more you can really understand what they respond to and refine what you’re putting out based on actual data – instead of only depending on the subjective opinions of decision-makers.
Each year, our funds define specific areas of investment focus for the year. We then do a mid-year review of each of these and adjust our approach if necessary. Most often, this mid-year correction is modest, just a tweak or lane change. But this summer, we felt that changes in our immersive experiences and content […]